Title: Evaluation and Program Development Officer
Reports to: SFK Executive Director
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Functional unit: Programs
Reporting to: Executive director
- Internally: Executive Director, Program Directors, Program Coordinators, Grants manager
- Externally: Open Society Foundation (OSF) structures, Local NGOs, International organizations, Donor community, Governmental partners
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The primary purpose of the position shall be to develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation system focused on program performance, compliance with stated goals, analysis of outcomes, and reporting to organizational management. The Officer’s role will be to ensure synergy and effective cooperation between SFK, OSF network programs, and local partners from CSOs and government agencies.
The secondary purpose of the position shall be to assist with program development and fundraising. The Officer shall effectively cooperate with Program Directors in shaping and refining project ideas into effective proposals. The Officer’s effectiveness in this area shall be linked directly to opportunities for compensation in addition to the base salary.
In cooperation with Program Directors and staff, develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that use analytical data to report on performance in SFK’s six programmatic areas.
- Create program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data from project implementation.
- Assist and advise program staff in the collection of data at SFK headquarters and at project field locations, as necessary.
- Analyze SFK program performance based on this data and assess individual program progress towards organizational goals and donor requirements.
- Based on performance analysis, develop recommendations for improvement to be implemented by program staff.
- Clearly and effectively report findings and recommendations directly to the Executive Director on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress of SFK programs towards achieving the organization’s long-term strategic goals.
- Recommend strategy adjustments if necessary to ensure consistency with overarching organizational goals, and assist in developing revised project plans.
- Assist Program Directors in shaping new and ongoing project concepts into workable proposals.
- Draft strong, clear project proposals targeting potential funding sources in accordance with the organization’s principles and goals.
Statistical analysis skills, project management knowledge, budgeting and budgetary control, effective oral and written communication, pro-activeness, creativity, group leadership, stakeholder management, listening, coaching, planning and organizing, problem analysis
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a development-related subject. Minimum 2 years experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, or fundraising. Knowledge of the region; experience in Kyrgyzstan is an asset.
Proven ICT skills.
Ideal candidate is a native English speaker located in Kyrgyzstan, or willing to relocate at own cost, with working knowledge of Russian.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract terms: 1 year contract with possible prolongation.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline for application January 31st 2014.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org