The program aims at capacity building of the NGO sector in changing environment of information and advocacy activities to work with government decision-makers in the field of information and communication technologies.
• Raising the capacity of non-governmental, human rights and the media organizations to effectively apply ICT and new media in their daily activities, provide training in online-marketing and promotion of web resources of NGOs in order to increase their audience, and to enhance the degree of impact of civil society on the public debate over the Internet and decision-making;
• Organizing meetings of NGOs, youth and active members of civil society, human rights, the education sector, the professionals in the field of ICT and new media for solving social problems through the use of new information technologies, the exchange of experience and knowledge in their efficient application. The carrying out of such annual events as the Social Innovation Camp, BarCamp, IT forums to support and stimulate the development of web resources which have user generated content;
• Strengthening the role of non-governmental organizations of the ICT sector in the determination and application of policies regulating information and communication technology, improving access to information, transparency and in monitoring of the information space;
• Supporting qualitative and quantitative applied research in Kyrgyzstan in the field of ICT for creating long-term analytical basis on which national innovation projects in ICT sphere can be conducted;
• Developing educational initiatives in IT professionals’ background, promoting alternative methods of vocational training, supporting the reform of curricula and programs of universities in preparing of technical professionals in the IT sector;
• Furthering open educational content (Open Knowledge Content), including the popularization and development of the Kyrgyz Wikipedia, supporting local programmers and developers who adapt and promote the open source software, encourage the use of the open source software by the civil sector.
Information Program Coordinator
Information Program Administrator