The program supports the initiatives aimed at protection of human rights and development of legal reforms in Kyrgyzstan reflecting values of the open society, supremacy of law and democracy.
- Support the human rights organizations and develop the human rights movement, prepare the alternative reports to the UN on human rights, prevention of torture and inhumane treatment;
- Support the legal and judicial reforms in Kyrgyzstan;
- Assist in implementation of the Law On the State-guaranteed Legal Aid; develop legal capacity to protect the low-income citizens; support and develop the Bar; improve capacity of attorneys;
- Assist in development and implementation of the national program to regulate the migration processes; provide legal assistance to Kyrgyz labor migrants in Russia; support the initiatives of non-governmental organizations to protect rights of labor migrants;
- Develop legal clinics in law faculties of universities; strengthen the clinics students’ capacity in the field of human rights;
- Support the working groups in development and discussion of draft laws; involve international experts; hold parliamentary hearings, organize the discussion forums;
- Assist in prevention of torture and cruel treatment or punishment in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Law Program Director
Law Program Coordinator
Law Program Administrator