Media support program
Media support programme works in several areas and provides support to the initiatives aimed at open society ideas’ promotion, where mass media plays the key and dominating role promoting pluralism of opinions and enabling access to information.
Mission of the programme:
To support development and improve quality content of Kyrgyz mass media to enable general improvement of information sphere in Kyrgyzstan and exercising the right to freedom of speech, expression and access to information.
Programme activity is focused on the following areas:
- Establishment of efficient mechanisms of access to information by civil society and mass media sector to prevent state usurpation of the information, intended information hiding and classification of publicly important information;
- Development of regional and ethnic mass media through grant support to provide coverage of the topics dedicated to inter-ethnic accord and settlement of the situation in the country;
- Reforming of the National TV and Radio Company to Public Television through creation of management structure and mechanism;
- Interaction between mass media sector and authority to overcome crisis using experience of those countries, where local inter-ethnic conflicts took place;
- Support and development of content projects
- Support of alternative sources of information and small mass media companies to create b-rolls, films, podcasts and student newspapers.
Ethnic diversity in mass media sector
Alternative media content development
Reforming of NTRK to OTRK
Elina Karakulova – Programme Director
Almira Dooronbekova – Programme Administrator