The Open Society Foundation/French Government Scholarship program provides fellowships to individuals from Central Asia to pursue Master 2 degree programs in social sciences and humanities at universities in France.
Eligible fields include Economic Development, Environment, History, International Relations, Law, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health and Sociology.
The program aims to promote academic exchange opportunities to broaden applicants’ educational, professional, and cultural experiences, so that they may return to their home countries to share their knowledge in the academic or professional sphere.
Funded by the Open Society Foundation (OSF) and the French Government, and administered by the Scholarship Programs on behalf of OSF and Campus France in France, the program supports individuals from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan who demonstrate both academic excellence and the potential to become leaders, decision-makers and opinion-formers in their own countries.
The program places participants at accredited universities in France. Before beginning their master degree programs, fellows attend the intensive OSF Summer School in Istanbul which includes academic writing courses with intensive seminar-style social science courses. During the academic year in France,fellows’ conference in Parisis held to increase the group’s cohesiveness as a networked cohort.
- be a national of and resident in one of the Central Asian countries at the time of applying for the award and intend to return to their home country or region at the end of the period of study;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- be a student in their fifth year of undergraduate studies, and/or already hold the first university degree in their home country or region with outstanding academic records;
- have education or professional experience in one of eligible fields of study;
- be applying for a Masters 2 in Economic Development, Environment, History, International Relations, Theory of Law, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health, and Sociology .
- meet the French university’s respective programmes’ selection criteria;
- demonstrate appropriate French language skills;
The program does not support Business or Science degrees, but does support fields related to humanities and social sciences.
The deadline for applications to the 2013-2014 academic year is Monday, January 14, 2013.
Interested individuals must complete an application in one of the five eligible Central Asian countries from which they are residing.
For further details, please contact the appropriate local coordinator as outlined below.
Applicants from Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan may contact:
Almaty, 050010 Kazakhstan
Tel: +7(727)2611555, 2612555
Larissa Gorbunova: email@example.com
Espace Campus France
Alliance Française d’Almaty
Académie juridique, 2ème bâtiment, 2ème étage
52 V, Avenue Abaï
Turkmen or Uzbek applicants may also contact French Embassies in their own countries.
55A Logvinenko Street
Tel: +996 312 663475 ext. 112
Fax: +996 312 663448
Mirgul IMINOVA: firstname.lastname@example.org
(croisement rue Frounzé)
Tél : (312) 32 39 53
Open Society Institute Assistance Foundation — Tajikistan
Trade and Business Center «VEFA»
37/1 Bokhtarstreet, 4th floor, room #404
734002, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Tel: (+992 47) 441-07-45,441-07-46,
Fax: (+992 47) 441-07-29
Gulnora Choukourbekova: email@example.com
Centre Culturel BACTRIA — French Cultural Center
15 rue akademikovRajabovikh
Tel: (992 37) 221-92-89, 227-03-67